Senior Horsemaster’s Course 1
The Course is designed to provide:
- Expand upon the subjects covered in BSM. It is not mandatory to complete BSM before starting SHM1.
- The preparation for Senior Horsemaster’s Course 2 (SHM2). It is not mandatory to complete SHM 1 before starting SHM2.
SHM 1 is ideal for:
- Any student upon completion of the Basic Stable Management course (BSM). Although there are similarities in course content, SHM1 goes into greater depth than BSM.
- Any student with at least one year’s experience with horses.
- Preparation for BHS Stages 2 and 3 or the Pearson (BTEC) Level 3 Diploma in Horse Management.
TOCES is approved by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) to provide veterinary nursing training programmes leading to registration on the RCVS Register of Veterinary Nurses. These courses are well established with proven success rates; TOCES has been commended by the RCVS for excellent results.
Our blended learning delivery mode meets the needs of busy practices and their teams
Expert Teaching Staff
TOCES’ teaching team consists of course advisors, lecturers and tutors, all of whom are expert industry professionals, with a wealth of knowledge in their field. Between them, members of the team hold a combination of PhDs, Master of Science degrees, Post-Graduate Certificates in Education, Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Science degrees, Veterinary Nursing diplomas and degrees and British Horse Society qualifications.